Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What Do I Need to Know If I Want to Sell My House Online?

(My Original Blog Post: http://ping.fm/WOzZ7)

Ah, the power of internet- you will find the internet encroaching in each and every aspect and facet of our lives. It has a wealth of information for those who seek knowledge, it has job opportunities, it offers one of the best platforms for doing business, etc. In other words, you can use the internet to do almost anything you want to do including selling your house online.


If you are among those people who simply love the web and plan to use it to sell your home online, you will need to ask yourself a few questions before doing so to know how well prepared you are for it.


How Can I Sell My House Online?


The basics of selling your house remain valid on the web or off it; only the method of presentation changes. The following points are critical; hence you could make a checklist out of them for ready reference.


1. In order to sell my house online, I will need to advertise it online so others will know that my offer exists. I will need to know how and where to place advertisements so I could get the best possible leads.


2. When people want to 'see' my house I should have sufficient material to show them online. For this purpose, I will need to have a professional photograph the house and each room interiors to give the buyer a good idea about the property. The photographs should be exceptionally crisp, represent the colors of the house correctly and be of low resolution so they can upload and/or download fast.


3. I need to have a fail-proof method of communication - the prospective customers may like to get in touch with me to ask for regarding the price, the size of the house, and other details. I might need to have someone watch the emails for me (if I cannot do it myself) so I can answer the prospective clients at the earliest possible.


4. I need to give clear location details so as not to be misleading my clients in anyway. The address as well as a map might be a good idea to have posted on the website where the sales of the house details are given.


5. I need to be prepared to meet my customers, since the online selling of my house would sooner than later open in personal negotiations. Internet after all is just a tool for advertising. The deal would definitely be done in person, in the presence (or with the help) of a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment